Some of the published works mentioned in Radical Sending are unavailable or very difficult to find on the web. We have published them on this site, and they’re linked below. We’ve also included a list of useful articles and a bibliography, should you choose to do further reading. You’re welcome to recommend other such works that are worth sharing. Use the contact form below.
Hard to find:
- “Transforming Vocation: A Mennonite Perspective,” by Keith Graber Miller, Mennonite Quarterly Review, January 2009
- “The Neighborliness of All Believers” by Craig Nessan
- ELCA Life of Faith Initiative, Model Resolution for 2016 General Synod
Articles worth noting
- Dwight DuBois, Equipping Pastors Conversations (Des Moines, IA: The Center for Renewal, 2011). 1 (accessed February 8, 2015).
- Hammond, Pete. “Ten Ways to Support Ministry in the Workplace”
- Rebecca Ryskind Teti, “The Solution to Clericalism Is Not Simply To Have More Laity Involved Inside the Church Walls”
- Dorothy Sayers, “Why Work?”
- “How Can We Equip Our People for God’s Work in the World?”
- “Equipping Churches Empower and Collaborate with People in the Congregation to Lead the Ministry”
- Kent Nerburn, “The Cab Ride I’ll Never Forget” – a story of work truly being a ministry
- Diehl, William H. Ministry in Daily Life: A Practical Guide for Congregations. (Alban Institute Publication No. 174.) Washington, DC: Alban Institute, 1996.
- DuBois, Dwight. The Scattering – Imagining a Church That Connects Faith and Life. Eugene, Oregon: Wipf & Stock, 2015.
- Larive, Armand E. After Sunday: A Theology of Work. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2004.
- Lowe, J. Fletcher. Baptism: The Event and The Adventure: A Collection of Resources for Baptism and Baptismal Living. Leeds, MA: LeaderResources, 2005.
- Mead, Loren. The Once and Future Church: Reinventing the Congregation for a New Mission Frontier. Washington, DC: Alban Institute, 1991.
- O’Connor, Elizabeth. Cry Pain, Cry Hope: Thresholds of Purpose. Waco, TX: Word Books, 1987.
- Pierce, Gregory. The Mass Is Never Ended: Rediscovering Our Mission to Transform the World. Notre Dame, IN: Ave Maria Press 2007.
- Rowthorn, Anne. The Liberation of the Laity. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2000.
- Schwab, A. Wayne. When the Members are the Missionaries: An Extraordinary Calling for Ordinary People. Essex, NY: Member Mission Press, 2002.
- Schwab, A. Wayne and Elisabeth S. Hall. Living the Gospel: A Workbook for Individuals and Small Groups. Hinesburg, VT: Member Mission Press, 2010.
- Spellers, Stephanie. Radical Welcome: Embracing God, The Others, and the Spirit of Transformation. New York: Church Publishing, 2006).
- Thompson, William David. On the Job Prayers. Chicago: ACTA Publications, 2006.
Use the form below to recommend additions to these lists: